Tuesday, December 21, 2010

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

some of my favorite inspirations...

Polly Wreford




previous four: Chris Everard

Lonny






previous six: Polly Wreford


previous two: from Martha Stewart Living, Dec 10, scanned by me

?

Southern Living

Martha Stewart
Domino, 2007

previous two: Living Etc.

and some (lousy) pictures of our decorations...





Turquoise is the main accent color in our living room, so we got a few turquoise and dark teal ornaments at HomeGoods, Crate+Barrel, and Kmart to add to the gold, silver and white ones we already had. Our ornaments are a mix of antiques that I took from my parents and cheap things we picked up this and last holiday season. Some are particularly special, like the rocking horse in the last picture. The boyfriend and I grew up on opposite ends of the country. When he came home with me for Christmas after a few years together we realized that we have this exact same "baby's first Christmas" ornament - his is dated 1988 and mine 1987. 
We have a fake tree this year, which I hate but makes sense since we won't actually be here for Christmas. I've been loving the classic, elegant look of a tree in an urn, so we bought a plastic one for $8 online. The garland is real; I found the "Noel" letters in the end-of-semester trash pile at college one year and rescued them; and I made the stockings last year with some fabric from JoAnn's. I made the wreath from coffee filters and a bent hanger. Nothing cost more than $10 except the tree, but the result (in my humble opinion) is rather classy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment