Thursday, March 31, 2011

IT BEGINS

As I'm sure you can all guess, my second-favorite activity for the past few weeks has been reading wedding blogs (the first is catching my now-fiancée grinning at my ring while I'm not looking). Despite the fact that we've been basically-engaged for years, I've had a strict no-thinking-about-weddings policy. So it comes as no surprise that I wasted no time jumping headfirst into all the wedding blogs and magazines I've seen referenced on my favorite blogs but always forced myself to ignore.

After a few weeks of this, I'm totally paralyzed with over-inspiration and a (probably self-destructive) desire to make our wedding
perfect and unique. I don't know why my first response wasn't to just start blogging all my favorite images (the original purpose of this blog was, after all, to write out my ideas and obsessions and thereby - ideally - gain some perspective and clarity). But better late than never, right? So I think I'll start posting weekly favorite wedding inspiration boards. For the time being, these are NOT going to be curated collections of images; they won't have color or style themes, and won't represent inspiration for any single wedding. Like this one, they'll just be things that have particularly caught my attention but don't necessarily go together. Maybe - fingers crossed - this will help me choose favorites and make decisions, and eventually these will turn into mood boards for our real wedding.

clockwise from upper right:
Temple of Love at Larz Anderson Park in Brookline, MA (an actual ceremony venue option!)
a private estate in Newport, MA
save-the-dates via Oh So Beautiful Paper
Adolphus Busch Hall, Harvard (an actual reception venue option!)
invitations via The Indigo Bunting
cameo ring - ?
Vera Wang gown
bouquet - ?
color scheme - ?
Reem Acra gown (my current favorite, I think...)
bridesmaids via Martha Stewart Weddings
succulent arrangement - ?

No comments:

Post a Comment