Monday, November 29, 2010

JONATHAN ADLER + ANCIENT PERUVIAN VASE

I used to walk by this vessel 

stirrup spout vessel fruit|12th–5th century BCE|1978.412.205


once in a while 
and it always reminded me a lot of Jonathan Adler's boob vase



which is actually part of his "Muse" collection, inspired by various female muses of well-known artists. This one is named for Kiki de Montparnasse.

And while I'm on the subject of things that look like boobs – my ceiling lamps. I understand that landlords want to install the cheapest things possible... but why do these lamps have to be so damn cheap?

Frosted Glass 13" Wide Flushmount Ceiling Light Fixture

1 comment:

  1. is it at least clean...lol the shit I had in syracuse was bug filled! and a few of the covers were non-existent...unfortunately my fear of spiders kept me from venturing up to clean the covers for a while...

    ReplyDelete