Wednesday, January 25, 2012

HAVE YOU NOTICED...

... that I actually have sources for most of the images I've posted lately? I discovered an awesome trick recently that's helped me find sources for tons of images that I saved years ago. Here's how it works:

1. open Google, then click on "Images" to pull up Google Image Search:



Then locate the item on your desktop that you're trying to search for. Start dragging it and you'll notice Google tells you to "drop image here" right below the text search box.


Release your mouse once the icon is hovering over that blue box, and it will upload your image:


Google will find every instance of the same image posted in other places online, as well as identifying the subject of the image (in this example, taken from a recent post, a black tufted headboard) and searching for that.


Almost invariably, one of the first image results will be the original source (often a company or magazine's website). In this case, someone uploaded a number of scans from Elle Interior (that's the Swedish version), along with credits for the designers, stylist AND photographer!


Is this one of those things that everyone already knew about? Am I way behind the times (apologies for this waste of a post, if I am), or is this a new discovery for some of you, too?

17 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!!! I also use tineye.com to reverse image search too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know and will totally be using this for the many pre-pinterest inspiration images I saved to my computer! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for giving me my new favorite resource!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing this great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad this is new to everyone else, too - and useful! I was hoping this wasn't old news to all of you. Ellie, I hadn't heard of TinEye - that looks like another fantastic resource!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea..thank you so much for sharing this..it is quite an amazing tool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative article who want to learn about it Fashion Trends 2019 .
    Thanks and keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edipure's cured candy are a combination of new natural product flavors with a solid portion of THC in each piece.
    edipure gummies for sale Delicate, chewy, and covered with sugar, these confections are a flavorful and simple approach to cure

    ReplyDelete
  9. today we giving you a best quality of safeweeds in aspecail discount please visit our link. buy rick simpson oil i hape you like my safe weed product

    ReplyDelete
  10. Indeed, I've noticed! The blog's intriguing insights are as valuable as finding exclusive "parking spot 2 coupons" for a seamless parking experience. Keep up the great work and continue sharing your observations!
    https://couponsjournal.com/the-parking-spot-promo-code

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou for sharing great post! read also: new dress design

    ReplyDelete