Thursday, February 17, 2011

FAMILY PHOTOS

I do realize that I fail miserably at regularly posting, the #1 item on all how to have a successful blog lists. Consider this my plea for forgiveness regarding my recent disappearance. I drove to Central New York this past weekend to visit my parents and came home with a box of many hundreds of family photos to scan and organize. This is a taste of what's been keeping me busy during all my waking hours (that aren't spent at my real job) over the past few days:

my grandmother and her sisters

my grandfather looking dapper in spectator shoes

my grandmother with her friends

my grandmother at the beach with friends

my uncle as a baby (on an absolutely fabulous couch!), 1942

my mother in May 1948, 5 years old

my mother and my uncle, summer 1949

my mother as a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding, August 1967

my mother, my sister and her friend, early 70s (I love that blouse and those huge wide-leg pants!)

More design-related posts soon. Or maybe I'll just keep posting photos of all the fabulous things my relatives wore before I was born...

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. These photos are FABULOUS! I've never seen pictures of your mom in her younger days! More pls. (Or maybe I will just come over and go through all of them.... :)

    ReplyDelete